This short article sjust hows just how to block a certain web site by your router by the URL information Filter feature. To make use of URL Filtering function, you shall have to 1) develop a Keyword Object 2) develop a url information Filter to make use of the Keyword Object, and (for DrayOS models) 3)Use the Address information Filter in a Firewall Filter Rule. In this essay, we’ll show a good example of the necessary setup for blocking the facebook web web web site and apps.
1. Head to things setting > that is Object, click an index quantity to edit the profile:
- Enter Title
- Enter “facebook” and “fb” at articles (See additionally: Finding Out the Address Keyword to Block)
- Simply Click okay to save lots of
2. Go to CSM >> Address information Filter Profile, click a profile quantity to modify the profile
- Enter Profile Name
- Be sure the concern is always to Either: Address Access Control First
- Always Check URL Access that is enable Control
- Choose “Block” for Action
- Click Edit and choose the Keyword Object created in step one
- Simply Simply Click okay to truly save
3. Head to CSM >> DNS Filter, click a Profile index number to edit the profile
- Enter Profile Title
- Find the profile produced into the past action for UCF
- Simply Simply Click okay to save lots of
4. To really make the Address information Filter and DNS Filter effective, head to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> Set 2. (Default information Filter). Click a Filter Rule quantity to modify the rule:
- Always Check Enable
- Make Direction that is sure is -> WAN
- (optional) Edit supply IP if you want to block Twitter limited to some internet protocol address
- Choose Filter to pass through straight away (regardless of the undeniable fact that our company is attempting to block a full page, find out about the filter action during the article here )
- Select the profile developed in Step 2 for Address information Filter
- Choose the profile produced in Step 3 for DNS Filter
- Click okay to put on
5. After finishing the settings, the router will block the internet web page as soon as the Address provides the keyword “facebook.” websitebuilder.com Moreover it works well with HTTPS internet site, even though the blocking page might perhaps perhaps perhaps not show as a result of web web browser’s security for disruption of SSL connections.
If Address information Filter can not work not surprisingly, please always check the following products:
- Clear browser’s history and cookie.
- Clear the DNS cache using the pc.
- Make certain the computer’s standard gateway is Vigor Router.
- Look at the DNS server associated with the computer: In the event that host can be a interior dns host, please ensure the interior DNS host’s gateway is defined to Vigor Router. In the event that host will be your vitality Router, please enable DNS Filter Local Setting in CSM >> DNS Filter in place of a Firewall Rule, and please be aware that DNS Filter Local Setting will connect with all LAN clients who make use of the router as DNS host.
1. Head to Object Setting >> Keyword/DNS Object >> Keyword Object, click include to generate a brand new one for facebook URL:
- Enter Profile title
- Include keyword facebook and fb into Member Table
- Simply Click Apply to save lots of.
2. Go to Firewall >> Filter Setup >> URL/WEB Category Filter, click Add generate a rule that is new
- Enter Profile title
- Check Always Enable
- Choose “Enable” for Filter Https
- Head to Keyword Block, choose the Keyword Object created when you look at the past action.
- Click Apply to save lots of.
3. After finishing the settings, the router will block the internet web page once the Address provides the keyword facebook .
In addition it works for HTTPS internet site, even though the blocking page may maybe maybe maybe not show as a result of web web browser’s security of for disruption of SSL connections.
Posted On: Might 25, 2016
Ended up being this helpful? YES NO
Many thanks for the feedback 🙂
Sorry about that. Contact Support if you’d like further help, or keep us some reviews below to greatly help us enhance.
Find out which sites are visited because of the LAN customers
Distinction between DNS Filter Profile and DNS Filter Local Establishing
Finding Out Of The URL Keyword to Block
This amazing site is cookies that are using
We utilize them to provide you with the experience that is best. That you are happy to receive all cookies on this website if you continue using our website, we’ll assume. Discover more